Monday, November 19, 2012

Zinger Challenge

 

























The Diva has asked us to use Zentangle's new tangle pattern "Zinger."  I have used it with SandSwirl in the first tile and with Paradox, a variation of Clouds, and Hilly in the second.  This new Zinger pattern reminds me of one of Cindy Angiel's "Stem Toppers"




At Judy West's blog last week, I saw she was using a corner clipper on her bookmarks.  Loved the look and since I cut my own tiles from cold-pressed watercolor paper,  I thought a corner cutter would be useful instead of cutting rounded corners by hand.  She sent me to a website but I found the shipping on one little corner punch was as expensive as the cost of the item so I went searching at a local craft supply store and found and assortment of corner punches in the scrapbooking section, at a good price . . . with no shipping charges.  Hence, the fancy corners on the tiles I have posted today.  I will be using the simple rounded corners on most of my tiles, but I thought these were fun!

11 comments:

  1. Your pen danced a fine tango Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your two versions, and their fancy corners. The second is especially interesting to me because of the "open" middle area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your responses to the challenge...they have such charm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tiles, with airy tangles, and a nice finishing touch by using a clipping corner. Makes them look really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Shelly B, you are very good at Tango-ing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the first one, I think your Zingers look like they were just released from a balloon and are flailing in the air free and joyous! They look like they're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the first one, the way the Zingers come out of the 'clouds'

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful way of incorporating Zinger with Sandswirl :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by What Tangled Webs and leaving a comment!

Sorry spammers! Your comment and link will be automatically swallowed into a deep dark hole for instant shredding and will never be viewed. ;-)

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails